About the TTU System
A System that Makes it Possible
The Texas Tech University System is a nationally acclaimed higher education system with one of the largest contiguous campuses in the United States. The TTU System’s four universities, multiple academic sites and health sciences campuses have a total enrollment of more than 44,000 students (2013), and the TTU System is approaching 290,000 alumni. Headquartered in Lubbock, the TTU System employs approximately 17,000 and has an annual operating budget of $1.7 billion.
In the past seven years, the Texas Tech University System has experienced an unprecedented period of growth and success:
- • The TTU System has doubled in size, growing from two components to four institutions with the addition of Angelo State University in 2007 and the creation of Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center at El Paso in May 2013.
- • The largest and most successful fundraising effort in the history of the TTU System, Vision & Tradition: The Campaign for Texas Tech, surpassed its billion-dollar goal advancing a year ahead of schedule and raising in excess of $1 billion for our universities.
- • Enrollment across the TTU System has increased 45 percent, totaling more than 44,000 students in the fall of 2013.
- • Research expenditures have in effect, tripled since 2006, averaging $200 million both in 2011 and 2012.
- • More than $503 million has been invested in construction on our campuses, with another $201 million underway.
- • The TTU System is supplying a record number of educated professionals to the workforce, awarding upwards of 10,000 degrees in 2012. This is a 46 percent increase since 2006.
- • The TTU System endowment has increased more than 60 percent since 2006.
About the Office of the Chancellor
The Office of the Chancellor serves as the headquarters for the chief executive officer and the chancellor’s staff. The office provides direct support to the chancellor and manages communication with the TTU System administration, component institutions and all stakeholders including students, alumni, donors, communities and elected officials, among many others. Responsibilities of the office range from strategic planning and event management to public relations and special projects.