TTU/TTUHSC Business Service Agreement - Amended AT&T Mobility Contract
Communication Services is excited to announce the contract between Texas Tech and AT&T Mobility has been amended. New voice plans are available which provide a lower cost per minute and as part of the new agreement all existing customers must be migrated to one of these plans. The good news is Communication Services will work with AT&T Mobility to transition all customers from their old plan to the new plan that closely matches in number of minutes available. This transition is scheduled to begin on October 1 st and should be reflected, along with the increased discount, on the bill you receive in late October. Some of the other highlights of this new agreement are:
- The PayGo plan becomes the National Flat Rate (NFR) plan. The cost per minute stays at $0.09, but now there WILL NOT be any roaming or long distance charges anywhere in the nation. Previously the $0.09 per minute was limited to Texas, New Mexico, and Oklahoma.
- All plans, including the NFR, have free mobile-to-mobile calling.
- Rollover is included on all GSM plans and existing customers will retain all of their current rollover minutes when they are transitioned to the new plans.
- All plans include 100 free text messages.
- A 30% discount is available on accessories (excludes the Apple iPhone accessories)
Please note that by default the following features will be disabled by AT&T Mobility on new devices: Internet Pay Per Use, MediaNet Pay Per Use, Multimedia Pay Per Use, and Push to Talk. If these features are needed, except for Push to Talk, they may be added as a separate feature plan with departmental/vice president approval.
Texas Tech will now be receiving a 26% discount on monthly voice and data service for business use.
To request a new activation, please review the appropriate Operating Policy (TTUHSC OP 55.04 or TTU OP 48.04) and fill out the applicable Cell Phone or Data Device Request Form. You can then fax or mail the completed form to Communication Services, Attn: Customer Service , MS 1131 or fax number 742-1343.
Service Plan Changes
Requested changes to move to a plan that is equal to or less than the cost of your current plan can be processed without any additional approval required by Communication Services.
Requested changes to move to a plan that is greater than the cost of your current plan will require an email approval from the appropriate Vice President or Dean. This will also apply if you are switching to a package plan from the pay per minute, Flat Rate Plan. To request a service plan change please call Customer Service at 742-2006 ext 245 or send an email to email@example.com
Equipment Purchase/Upgrade Approvals
Equipment purchases of less than $100 can be processed without any additional approval required by Communication Services.
Equipment purchases greater than $100 will require an email approval from the appropriate Vice President or Dean.
- Voice devices – 12 months
- Data Devices – 18 months
- To request a service plan change please call Customer Service at 742-2006 ext 245 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rate Plans – See Comm Svc Website: Cellular Service/Cellular Phones/Plans Available
Phones Available – See Comm Svc Website: Cellular Service/Cellular Phones/Phones Available
Cellular Data Devices - See Comm Svc Website: Cellular Service/Cellular Data Devices for Data Devices and Data Plans