Minimum Insurance Requirements
Minimum Insurance Requirements for contractors and vendors.
Facilities Planning and Construction contracts supersede this document for construction or remodeling contracts exceeding $1,000,000.
Minimum AM Best rating of B+VII is applicable in all cases. Exceptions must be reviewed by TTUS Office of Risk Management.
For contracts or P.O. of $100,000 or less:
- Automobile Liability - $500,000 each accident limit for bodily injury and property damage. Commercial automobile insurance is preferred. Personal automobile insurance is acceptable if properly endorsed and rated for business use of personal automobile. (The certificate of insurance must clearly state the personal auto policy has been rated and endorsed for business use.)
- Commercial General Liability (must include products and completed operations) - $500,000 per occurrence bodily injury and property damage
- Workers’ Compensation - Coverage A in compliance with Texas law. Coverage B $100,000/$500,000/$100,000. Independent contractor status might be acceptable in lieu of workers’ compensation. Check with Steve Bryant, TTUS Office of Risk Management BEFORE offering this option.
For contracts or P.O. exceeding $100,000:
- Automobile Liability - $1,000,000 each accident limit for bodily injury and property damage
- Commercial General Liability (must include products and completed operations) - $1,000,000 per occurrence bodily injury and property damage, $2,000,000 aggregate.
- Workers’ Compensation - Coverage A in compliance with Texas law. Coverage B $1,000,000/$1,000,000/$1,000,000
Contract dependent insurance:
- Builder’s Risk
- Installation Floater
- Professional Liability
- Umbrella or Excess Liability
Provision added March 29, 2010 for Housing Job Order Contract
- The general liability general aggregate must apply PER PROJECT, and
- The care, custody and control exclusions must be modified, by endorsement, such that our buildings are NOT excluded from the contractor’s general liability coverage for damage arising from the work they are performing in or on the building, and
- The general aggregate shall be a minimum of $2,000,000.