Traveling or Planning a Trip?
Whether you use a vehicle owned by the university or plan to rent one from an outside agency, there are some things you must know! There requirements apply to employees and students ad prescribed in Operating Policy 79.13 and Operating Policy 80.08. You need to carefully review the operating policies before you go on your trip. The following tips will help you get off to a running start.
Plan ahead. You could need 15-30 days to comfortably complete the process.
- You must have approved driver status. Requesting approved driver status is easy! Driver approval does not automatically renew each year. If you haven’t taken the following steps in the past year, you probably do not have approved driver status.
Complete the Driver Approval Request form and send it to the Office of Risk Management.
- Allow 5 working days for approval.
- Please print legibly or type the information on the approval request.
Things that cause trouble and delays in processing your approval request are:
- Illegible handwriting
- Transposed numbers in the drive license number or birth date.
- Missing information. Fill in all blanks on the form.
- Missing driver signature. Can’t request your record without it!
- Missing supervisor or advisor signature. Won’t request your record without it!
- Review the qualifications that are considered for approved driver status.
If you plan to drive a 15-passenger van, you must complete annual 15-passenger van safety training. To reserve your training, please contact the following:
- Texas Tech University System and Texas Tech University employees should contact Human Resources Professional Development. Find the schedule and register online.
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center employees should contact Jose Melchor at (915) 783-5244 or email@example.com.
- Angelo State University employees should visit this website http://www.angelo.edu/services/risk_management/.
Meet all the requirements listed above and have approved driver status with van approval, if needed? If so, you are ready to go. Don’t forget to review the operating policies, and most importantly of all, have a safe trip!
Forms for Planning a Trip
Operating Policies to Review
212 Administration Building
15th and Akron | Box 42003 | MS 2003
Lubbock, Texas 79409-2003
Phone: (806) 742-0212
Fax: (806) 742-3018
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Central, Monday - Friday
The Risk Management office is located in the east wing of the Administration Building, room 212.