TTU System Regents to Meet February 25-26
Regents will have a two-day meeting on the Texas Tech University campus in Lubbock.
February 23, 2016 | Contact Doug Hensley
The Texas Tech University System Board of Regents will meet Thursday and Friday (Feb. 25-26) in Room 118 of the Student Union on the campus (15th Street and Akron Avenue) of Texas Tech University.
Below are highlights of the topics and items to be discussed at the meeting, including estimated times with periodic recesses. Meeting materials and a link to live streaming will be available online at http://www.texastech.edu/board-of-regents/meeting-materials.php.
Thursday, Feb. 25
8 a.m. – Strategic Planning Workshop/Retreat
- TTU System and the four component institutions will share progress made and future
expectations regarding their strategic respective plans
- Texas Tech University System Administration Presentation
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Presentation
- Texas Tech University Presentation
- Angelo State University Presentation
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso Presentation
1:45 p.m. – Meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Carr Scholarship Foundation at Angelo State University
2:05 p.m. – Academic, Clinical and Student Affairs Committee
- Approve changes in academic rank at all four component institutions
- Approve a new bachelor’s degree program at Angelo State University
- Approve a new master’s degree program at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso
2:40 p.m. – Audit Committee
3:10 p.m. – Facilities Committee
- Approve construction of a new football stadium press box at Angelo State University
- Approve naming of the indoor football training facility and approve naming of nutrition center at Texas Tech University
3:50 p.m. – Finance & Administration Committee
4:20 p.m. – Executive Session
5 p.m. – Recess
Friday, Feb. 25
8:30 a.m. – Call to Order; Meeting of the Board
- Introductions and Recognitions
9:30 a.m. – Executive Session
11:40 a.m. – Open Session
11:45 a.m. – Adjourn
About the Texas Tech University System
The Texas Tech University System is one of the top public university systems in Texas and the nation, consisting of four component institutions—Texas Tech University, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Angelo State University and Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso—and operating at more than a dozen academic sites and centers. Headquartered in Lubbock, Texas, the TTU System has an annual operating budget of nearly $2 billion and approximately 19,000 employees focused on advancing higher education, health care, research and outreach.
In 2015, the TTU System’s endowment exceeded $1.1 billion, total research expenditures were more than $215 million and total enrollment was approximately 50,000 students. Whether it’s contributing billions of dollars annually in economic impact or being the only system in Texas to house an academic institution, law school, and health-related institution at the same location, the TTU System continues to prove that anything is possible.