The TTU System is Leading the Way
Under the leadership of Chancellor Kent Hance, the Texas Tech University System continues to excel in its mission of providing high-quality education, innovative research and exceptional health care. The TTU System and its component institutions play a vital role in advancing higher education and meeting the needs of our people, our communities and our state.
Since our inception, we have proven it's possible from here, and in the past seven years, we have experienced an unprecedented period of growth and success.
- • The TTU System has doubled in size, growing from two components to four institutions with the addition of Angelo State University in 2007 and the creation of Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center at El Paso in May 2013.
- • Enrollment across the TTU System has increased 45 percent, totaling more than 44,000 students in the fall of 2013.
- • Research expenditures have nearly tripled since 2006, averaging $200 million annually in 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- • Nearly $775 million has been invested in construction on our campuses since 2006.
- • The TTU System is supplying a record number of educated professionals to the workforce, awarding nearly 14,000 degrees in 2013. This is a 52 percent increase since 2006.
- • The largest and most successful fundraising effort in the history of the TTU System, Vision & Tradition: The Campaign for Texas Tech, surpassed its billion-dollar goal nearly a year ahead of schedule and raised more than $1.069 billion for our universities.
- • The TTU System endowment has increased more than 77 percent since 2006.
There has never been a more exciting time at the TTU System. Learn more about the progress and great things happening at each component institution through our institutional strategic plan, quarterly newsletter and annual publication.