Alumni Association Student/Parent Loans
The Texas Tech Alumni Association now offers student and parent loans.
By selecting the Texas Tech Alumni Association as your lender, you are helping other Texas Tech students. Any revenue the Alumni Association makes will be put back into student scholarships at Texas Tech, whether the student is at Texas Tech or another college or university.
There are several benefits to taking out your loan through the Alumni Association:
- It is a zero fee loan. There will be zero fees on Stafford loans with first disbursements on or after April 1, 2006.*
- Take advantage of a .25 percent interest rate reduction when you pay with an automatic draft from your checking or savings account.*
- In addition, after 36 months of on-time payments you will receive a 2 percent interest rate reduction.*
- As a bonus, we will forgive up to the last $500 of your account balance with qualified on-time payments during the life of the loan.*
*Incentive conditions subject to change without notice.
For more information on the Texas Tech Alumni Association Loan, please call (866) 358-4537.
1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. The form is available from any college financial aid office, a high school counselor’s office or on the Internet at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
2. Contact the financial aid office at the school you plan to attend to get a financial aid packet. Complete all the forms and return them according to the instructions. You will receive an award letter telling you what type of financial aid you will receive. In some cases, you will receive a Stafford and/or Parent Loan (PLUS or Graduate PLUS) application. If not, obtain the desired application form from the college. This procedure depends on the college you choose, so check with the Financial Aid Office.
On the loan application or any other form that requests lender information write:
Texas Tech Alumni Association
P.O. Box 839
Canyon TX 79015
Lender code: #834314
Texas Tech Alumni Association loans are serviced in Canyon, Texas, by student loan servicing specialists.