The TTU System is Leading the Way
Under the leadership of Chancellor Dr. Tedd L. Mitchell, the Texas Tech University System continues to excel in its mission of providing high-quality education, innovative research and exceptional health care. The TTU System and its component institutions play a vital role in advancing higher education and meeting the needs of our people, our communities and our state.
Since our inception, we have experienced an unprecedented period of growth and success. There has never been a more exciting time at the TTU System.
- • The TTU System has more than doubled in size, growing from two components institutions to five institutions with the addition of Angelo State University in 2007, the creation of Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso in May 2013, and the addition of Midwestern State University in 2021.
- • Total enrollment across the TTU System has increased 60 percent since 2003, surpassing 49,000 students in the fall of 2015.
- • Research expenditures have more than tripled since 2005, totaling more than $215 million in 2014.
- • The TTU System is supplying a record number of educated professionals to the workforce, awarding more than 10,000 degrees in 2014. Degrees awarded system-wide has nearly doubled, or increased 90%, since 2003.
- • In 2005, the TTU System endowment was $484 million. Since then, it has more than doubled, topping $1.1 billion in 2015.