TTU System Regents to Meet May 14-15
Regents will have a two-day meeting on the Texas Tech campus in Lubbock.
May 12, 2015 | Written by Jaryn Kilmer
The Texas Tech University System Board of Regents will meet Thursday and Friday (May 14-15) in Lubbock. The meeting will take place in the Matador Room in the Texas Tech University Student Union Building (15th Street and Akron Avenue).
Below are highlights of the topics and items to be discussed at the upcoming meeting, including estimated times with periodic recesses. Meeting materials and a link to live streaming will be available online at http://www.texastech.edu/board-of-regents/meeting-materials.php. Parking for news media is available in the R07 lot in between the Student Union Building and Administration Building.
Thursday, May 14
10:00 a.m. – Swearing-in of newly appointed regents
10:05 a.m. – Meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Carr Scholarship Foundation
- Officer elections
10:30 a.m. – Academic, Clinical and Student Affairs Committee
- Approve the addition of the Department of Civil Engineering at Angelo State University.
- Approve the Master of Science degree in Sports Management within the College of Arts and Sciences at Texas Tech University, which will provide a more focused curriculum, enabling students to learn advanced business theories applied to sports.
11:15 a.m. – Audit Committee
12:30 p.m. – Facilities Committee
- Approve acceptance of a gift benefiting the Engineering and Materials Research Center building and the naming of the building in recognition of the donor’s significant gifts at Texas Tech University.
- Approve naming of the Research and Technology Park and its first building at Texas Tech University.
- Approve construction of an addition of engineering laboratories to the Vincent Building at Angelo State University.
1:30 p.m. – Finance and Administration Committee
- Texas Tech Director of Athletics, Kirby Hocutt, will present a report on NCAA rules.
2:30 p.m. – Executive Session
Following executive session, the Board will convene into open session and recess no later than approximately 5 p.m.
Friday, May 15
8:30 a.m. – Call to order; Meeting of the Board
- Approve revision to student services fee at Angelo State University.
9:30 a.m. – Executive Session
12:00 p.m. – Meeting of the Board - Open Session
12:05 p.m. – Adjournment
About the Texas Tech University System
The Texas Tech University System is one of the top public university systems in Texas and the nation, consisting of four component institutions—Texas Tech University, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Angelo State University and Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso—and operating at more than 12 academic sites and centers. Headquartered in Lubbock, Texas, the TTU System has an annual operating budget of $1.7 billion and approximately 17,000 employees focused on advancing higher education, health care, research and outreach.
In 2014, the TTU System’s endowment exceeded $1 billion, total research expenditures were approximately $200 million and total enrollment approached 47,000 students. Whether it’s contributing billions of dollars annually in economic impact or being the only system in Texas to house an academic institution, law school, and medical school at the same location, the TTU System continues to prove that anything is possible.