Workers' compensation is regulated by the State of Texas and provides medical and loss of income benefits to employees who are injured or contract an occupational illness while performing duties within the course and scope of their employment at the Texas Tech University System.
All claims for Texas Tech University, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, and Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso must be processed through the TTU System Office of Risk Management and in compliance with operating policies, which are featured in the box to the right and below.
If you are an employee who has been injured on the job, follow the steps below:
1. If this is an emergency call 911 or report to an ER with the supervisor to validate/approve care
- If this is not an emergency, seek medical treatment at one of the approved facilities
within the CareWorks Network
- After clicking the link, click "Find a Provider" and then select "CareWorks TX HCN"
2. Report the incident/injury to your supervisor.
3. Complete the Employee Workers Compensation Packet.
4. Complete the online Incident Form in Origami
5. Communicate with the Supervisor and Risk Management (RM) coordinator about ongoing/follow-up treatment.
6. RM claims coordinator will contact you as necessary or until you have returned to full duty.
7. The RM claims coordinator will submit the claim to the State on your behalf.
a. Once the claim is submitted to the State Office of Risk Management (SORM), the state adjuster contacts you as necessary.
If you are the supervisor of an employee who is injured, follow the steps below:
1. If this is an emergency call 911 or report to an ER with the employee to validate/approve care
- If this is not an emergency, assist the employee in medical treatment at one of the approved facilities within the CareWorks Network
2. If the employee has not submitted the incident/injury into Origami,submit the report on their behalf
3. Complete the Supervisor’s Worker’s Compensation packet.
4. Communicate with the employee and the Risk Management (RM) coordinator until the employee has returned to full duty.
5. The RM claims coordinator will contact the supervisor/employee as necessary or until the employee has returned to full duty.
6. Communicate to the RM claims coordinator if the employee has lost time, an altered work schedule or job function due to injury.
7. Once the claim is submitted to the SORM, the state adjuster will contact the employee as necessary.
- TTUS and TTU Workers' Compensation Insurance
- TTUHSC Workers' Compensation Insurance
- ASU Workers' Compensation Insurance
- TTUHSC El Paso Workers' Compensation Insurance
- MSU Texas Workers' Compensation Insurance