A Message from Regent Ginger Kerrick Davis
March 1, 2023
Dear Midwestern State University family,
I hope you are well and that your spring semester has been successful.
Earlier today, the Texas Tech University System Board of Regents and Chancellor Tedd L. Mitchell, M.D., announced the formation of a presidential search committee charged with identifying candidates to lead MSU Texas. I am deeply honored to have been named as the chairwoman for this committee, and I am dedicated to working closely with our committee to find the best possible leader for MSU Texas.
It was a distinct privilege to serve as a member of the previous presidential search, and I am excited to partner with so many esteemed members of the MSU Texas community once again. Our 11-member committee includes leaders with deep ties to MSU Texas and the Wichita Falls and surrounding communities, bringing an array of backgrounds, professional experience and viewpoints to ensure the many stakeholders of our family are represented.
To continue the momentum at MSU Texas, our work will begin immediately. The search starts later this week with the first search committee meeting being held on campus, where we will officially receive our charge and discuss the steps of our nationwide search. An executive higher education search firm also will be retained to assist in the process and ensure a highly qualified candidate pool.
Among many attributes, we are seeking an MSU Texas president who embodies the institution’s culture and values and has a robust understanding of its current needs and future aspirations. The recommended candidates will be put before the chancellor and the full Board of Regents to make the appointment of the next president.
In addition to myself, our committee includes:
- Glenn Barham – MSU Texas alumnus; Chairman, MSU Texas Comprehensive Campaign Committee; President, Sheppard Military Affairs Committee; Former Mayor, City of Wichita Falls; Former Wichita Falls Police Officer; Wichita Falls
- Tony Fidelie – Former Regent, MSU Texas; Partner, Perdue Brandon Fielder Collins and Mott, LLP; Texas Tech University School of Law and Rawls College of Business alumnus; MSU Texas alumnus; Wichita Falls
- Pat Gordon – Member of the TTU System Board of Regents; President, Partner and Attorney of Practice, Gordon Davis Johnson & Shane P.C.; Texas Tech University School of Law and Rawls College of Business alumnus; El Paso
- Michael Mills, Ed.D. – Chair, Staff Senate, MSU Texas; Interim Vice President for Enrollment Management and Director of Global Education; MSU Texas alumnus; Wichita Falls
- Dailey Fuller – Chief of Staff, Office of the Chancellor, Texas Tech University System; Texas Tech University alumnus; Lubbock
- Karen Moriarty, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC – Chair, Faculty Senate, MSU Texas; Associate Professor, Wilson School of Nursing, MSU Texas; Wichita Falls
- Oku Okeke – Former Regent, MSU Texas; Customer Service/Quality Manager, Pratt & Whitney Canada; MSU Texas alumnus; Wichita Falls
- Gabriella Pettijohn – President, Student Government Association, MSU Texas; Student, MSU Texas, Wichita Falls
- Shelley Sweatt, Ed.D. – Former Regent, MSU Texas; President and CEO, The Priddy Foundation; Texas Tech University alumna; Wichita Falls
- Sam Watson, Ph.D. – Dean and Professor, Prothro-Yeager College of Humanities and Social Sciences, MSU Texas; Wichita Falls
As we continue to celebrate the historic significance of the centennial of Midwestern State University, there is much to look forward to in the next 100 years. I am grateful for your support and commitment to this great university. We will provide our respective stakeholder groups with timely updates throughout this process, and I encourage you to reach out with any questions, comments, or suggestions through the MSU Texas Presidential Search email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to this process and partnering with the Mustangs family throughout this search as we work to find the next great leader of MSU Texas.
Ginger Kerrick Davis
Chairwoman, MSU Texas Presidential Search Committee
Vice Chairwoman, Texas Tech University System Board of Regents