Facilities Planning & Construction
A Message from the Vice Chancellor
As we continue to shape the future through our commitment to excellence in building and infrastructure development, our team in Facilities Planning & Construction (FP&C) at the Texas Tech University System (TTU System) is excited to share updates and milestones from our projects happening across the system. Here are some noteworthy highlights and achievements:
- Texas Tech University (TTU) Academic Sciences Building Topping Out Ceremony:
This summer celebrated a significant milestone with the topping out ceremony of TTU’s Academic Sciences Building (ASB). This 129,254 gross-square-foot (GSF) facility will serve as a state-of-the-art hub for scientific research, teaching innovation, and collaboration. With its modern design and innovative laboratories, ASB will provide an exceptional environment for academic pursuits.
Additional highlights of this project include:
- Research and teaching laboratory space for Geosciences, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Psychological Sciences.
- New offices, conference rooms, active learning classrooms, teaching class labs, and research space for each department.
- Labs will be used by several of the colleges to conduct research.
- Scheduled for completion in Spring 2024.
- TTU Construction Engineering Capstone Class featured in Texas Monthly:
FP&C collaborated with TTU’s Construction Engineering Capstone class, and the partnership was spotlighted in Texas Monthly, one of the state’s most popular magazines during the past half-century. This partnership allowed students to gain firsthand experience in real-world construction projects, fostering growth and paving the way for future leaders in our industry. We are proud to contribute to the development of the next generation of professionals.
- TTU’s Rip Griffin Park Expansion & Renovation:
The ongoing Rip Griffin Park Expansion and Renovation project is progressing. The 15,000 GSF addition has been completed and the additional 10,800 GSF renovation is underway. The addition offers an unparalleled player experience that includes advanced amenities and technologies. FP&C is dedicated to creating a facility that will provide the best coaching, support staff, and Student-Athlete experience in the nation. Extensive branding pays homage to Red Raider baseball alumni who have advanced to play at the highest level in Major League Baseball. This project will enhance the Student-Athlete experience and continue elevating the trajectory of TTU’s nationally renowned program.
Additional highlights of this project include:
- New coaches’ support staff offices, a recruiting lobby, a training area with hot and cold plunge tubs and a hydrotherapy tub, and a locker room for both the student-athletes and coaches.
- Renovations are in progress to the indoor batting and pitching cages.
- Entire project scheduled for completion this fall.
- Midwestern State University Bolin Hall Renovation and Expansion:
The Bolin Hall project is a testament to our team’s commitment to constructing spaces for our universities to foster creativity and collaboration. The majority of this 76,000 GSF project is to renovate existing spaces and construct a new addition in Bolin Hall. The spaces within the building will encourage student interaction, peer-to-peer learning opportunities and open collaboration. When the building was first constructed in 1966, there were several spaces that were underutilized; this renovation will maximize the usable space within the building.
- Angelo State University’s Elta Joyce Murphey Auditorium Renovation
This 8,205 GSF renovation project provides updates and new finishes to the lobby, auditorium, stage area, back-of-house spaces, and audio-visual support for this 1947 structure. The building will be expanded by approximately 598 GSF to accommodate additional restroom facilities, as well as updates for a new entrance.
- Cash Family Ranch Life Learning Center Ribbon Cutting Ceremony:
The ribbon-cutting ceremony marked the opening of the Cash Family Ranch Life Learning Center featuring Hank the Cowdog. The new state-of-the-art indoor and outdoor facility will educate visitors on all aspects of modern-day ranching. It is expected to be a local- and national-level attraction for Lubbock.
For more detailed information about our ongoing projects and updates, please visit and explore our website or reach out to our FP&C team members. We look forward to sharing more exciting news in the future as we strive to make a positive impact through our construction endeavors.
Thank you for being a part of our mission.
Vice Chancellor, Facilities Planning & Construction
Texas Tech University System